Here’s a video, uploaded to Youtube on October 11th, that really shows the hypocrisy of our politicians.
The First Amendment of the Bill of Rights says:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The fact that these politicians will say something about the crackdown on peaceful protesters in other countries – other countries with NO equivalent of the 1st Amendment – but not their own country, truly says something about them. ”Protesting is A-Okay as long as it doesn’t inconvenience me or my financial backers! As soon as you are, in any way, shape, or form, disruptive of the status quo, well, fuck you!”
- First Amendment – Bill of Rights – United States Constitution (reflectionofabuddhistmonk.com)
- Ows (gusgus64.wordpress.com)
- Congress shall make no law … abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press. (politics.ie)
- Five guarantees of the First Amendment include (wiki.answers.com)
- Scary Tactics (thenewprint.com)
- Our 1st Amendment Right to Peaceful Protest (sjeddington.wordpress.com)
- Why Do Police Treat ‘Occupy-ers’ Like Terrorists, Not Tea Partyers? (usnews.com)