Former Governor Jesse Ventura was on CNN this Tuesday where he was interviewed about his new book, DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans: No More Gangs in Government. At the end of the interview, he urged folks to vote for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson if they were looking for a serious alternative to the current two party candidates. If you were watching CNN on television, you would have seen this endorsement. If you went to CNN’s website, you would have seen the endorsement edited out.
CNN has attempted to play things down the middle ever since MSNBC and Fox News decided to play to more partisan audiences. But if folks thought this might mean CNN would play things more straight and possibly give other candidates a shot at spreading their messages, they were sadly mistaken. This is yet another instance of corporate news entities doing their best to keep the two party system as the status quo.
Look, if you think there is a difference between the two parties you are sadly mistaken. While they appear to have their differences, they’re only different based on wedge issues. At the end of the day, they all answer to corporations that fund their campaign funds. Take a look at Obama’s bailout. The biggest winners were Wall Street companies who lined up and were handed barrel fulls of cash because they apparently bet on a winner. While Mitt Romney and the Republicans may talk about helping small businesses, the winners of Republican economic policies sure won’t be the mom and pop shop at the end of the block but the major corporation that puts them out of business.
If we’re going to end this nonsense, we’re going to have to start opening our eyes to what other political parties have to offer. While there are certainly political parties that have no chance in hell of getting anywhere, the fact is when news organizations don’t allow anyone but the major two party candidates to spread their message on the airwaves, they’re guilty of rigging elections so that folks feel there is only two real options for people to choose from. And when you have what happened in 2000, with Al Gore supporters turning on folks who voted for Ralph Nader by saying a vote for Nader was a vote for Bush, you have more proof that the media is in on the game of only supporting a Republican or Democrat.
Folks have to open their eyes and more importantly, their minds. The internet is a great tool you can use in order to do some research on what candidates are out there. And give other candidates a chance, especially Gary Johnson (shameless plug.) Don’t fall for that old cliche of voting for the lesser of two evils. Why should voting have to be such a dirty experience? Vote your conscience and vote for someone who represents your values and beliefs. If that’s a Republican or Democrat, fine. But there ARE other options out there. Since the news media won’t feature them (except for the occasional piece where they can heap their scorn on them), it’s up to you to find the candidate that you feel will do the best job.
- How Libertarian is Gary Johnson? (economicpolicyjournal.com)
- Jesse Ventura Tells CNN Morning Crew Why Politicians Should Wear NASCAR Outfits (mediaite.com)
- Jesse Ventura: GOP and Dems worse than the Bloods and Crips (rawstory.com)
- Jesse Ventura compares party system to gangs, wants to remove party names from ballots (cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- Gary Johnson Wins Libertarian Party Nomination (reason.com)
- Jesse Ventura: Mitt Romney is Gordon Gecko (rawstory.com)
- Jesse Ventura’s New Book Exposes DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans (musicians4freedom.com)
- Jesse Ventura Gets It – the R’s and the D’s Really Are the Democrips and Rebloodlicans (libertarianreview.us)
- On Piers Morgan: Jesse Ventura Rails Against The Political ‘Gangs’ Taking Over The Country (mediaite.com)
- Jesse Ventura on Pierce Morgan (12160.info)
- Jesse Ventura Says He’ll Never Fly Again (huffingtonpost.com)
- Abolish Both Political Parties (lewrockwell.com)
- Abolish Both Political Parties (txwclp.org)
- Prison Planet.com ” Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax (theaveragejoenewsblogg.com)
- Jesse Ventura Gets Backing Of Former SEALs In Lawsuit Over “Punch” Hoax (newsworldwide.wordpress.com)